Details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority for April 2019 to March 2020.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2019-20 is £1,591. This includes £1,294 for county councils, £260 for police and £36 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police and community councils, vary from £1,377 in Pembrokeshire to £1,928 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2019-20 average £77 or 6.2% over the previous year. Police increases average £22 or 9.1%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £99 or 6.6%.
- Pembrokeshire has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 10.0%. Rhondda Cynon Taf has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 4.5%.
- Dyfed Powys Police have the largest band D increase of 10.7%. Gwent Police have the smallest band D increase of 7.0%.
- In England, the estimated band D percentage increase is 4.5%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 91% of the latest estimated figure of £1,747 for England.
Council Tax levels, April 2019 to 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 708 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Telephone: 0300 025 8099