An annual report which includes details of the levels of average band D council tax by local authority.
- Average band D council tax for Wales for 2018-19 is £1,492. This includes £1,219 for county councils, £239 for police and £34 for community councils. Band D figures for billing authorities, including police elements, vary from £1,252 in Pembrokeshire to £1,828 in Blaenau Gwent.
- County council increases in band D council tax for 2018-19 average £60 or 5.0% over the previous year. Police increases average £12 or 5.3%. These increases combine to produce an average band D rise of £72 or 5.1%.
- Pembrokeshire has the largest overall band D percentage increase of 11.0%. Rhondda Cynon Taf has the smallest overall band D percentage increase of 3.8%.
- South Wales Police have the largest band D increase of 7.0%. North Wales Police have the smallest band D increase of 3.6%.
- In England, the estimated Band D percentage increase is 5.1%.
- Welsh average band D council tax is 89% of the latest estimated figure of £1,672 for England.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 3963
Tel: 0300 025 8099