Information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off for April 2018 to March 2019.
- In 2018-19, billing authorities collected 97.3% of council tax billed, a decrease of 0.1 of a percentage point.
- 6 authorities recorded a year-on-year increase in their collection rate in 2018-19 and 16 recorded a decrease.
- Flintshire recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 98.2% whilst Blaenau Gwent recorded the lowest at 93.7%.
- The amount actually collected in respect of 2018-19 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,546 million out of £1,589 million collectable.
- During 2018-19, billing authorities collected £27 million of arrears and wrote off £6 million as uncollectable.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2019 was £94 million, of which £42 million was in-year arrears.
Council Tax collection rates, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 522 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 3963
Telephone: 0300 025 8099