Information on amounts collected, arrears and amounts written off for April 2017 to March 2018.
- In 2017-18, billing authorities collected 97.4% of council tax billed, an increase of 0.1 of a percentage point. This is the highest collection rate since the introduction of council tax.
- 12 authorities recorded a year-on-year increase in their collection rate in 2017-18.
- Pembrokeshire recorded the highest in-year collection rate at 98.3% whilst Blaenau Gwent recorded the lowest at 93.8%.
- The amount actually collected in respect of 2017-18 bills, excluding council tax reduction scheme, was £1,454 million out of £1,492 million collectable.
- During 2017-18, billing authorities collected £27 million of arrears and wrote off £7 million as bad debts.
- The total amount outstanding at 31 March 2018 was £87 million, of which £38 million was in-year arrears.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5673
Telephone: 0300 025 8099