This consultation ended 4 October 2021.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We are seeking your views on guidance which supports the setting up of 4 corporate joint committees (CJCs).
CJCs will help regional collaboration between local authorities. This will include strategic development planning, transport planning and promoting the economic well-being of their areas.
We are consulting on the draft guidance to support the administration and governance of CJCs.
The guidance covers:
- CJC membership and constitutional arrangements
- staffing and workforce matters
- CJC meeting and proceedings
- governance and scrutiny
- funding, finance and budgetary matters.
- other statutory duties which will apply to CJCs.