Data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered for April 2018 to March 2019.
- There were 716 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2019, one more than in the previous year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2019.
- 74.9 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2018-19, up by 0.4% from 2017-18.
- 97% of pharmacies provided Medicine Use Review services and 75% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2018-19.
- The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2007-08.
- 84% of pharmacies provided Emergency Contraceptive services in 2018-19.
- 78% of pharmacies provided Seasonal Flu Vaccine services in 2018-19.
- 98% of pharmacies offered consultations under the Common Ailments Service in 2018-19.
Community pharmacy services, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 4 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099