Data on pharmacies, prescriptions dispensed and pharmaceutical services offered for April 2017 to March 2018.
- There were 715 community pharmacies in Wales on 31 March 2018, one fewer than in the previous year.
- There were 4 appliance contractors in Wales on 31 March 2018.
- 74.7 million prescription items were dispensed by community pharmacies in 2017-18, down by 0.1% from 2016-17.
- 96% of pharmacies provided Medicine Use Review services and 75% a Discharge Medicines Review service in 2017-18.
- The proportion of community pharmacies accredited to provide various enhanced services has risen steadily since 2007-08.
- 82% of pharmacies provided Emergency Contraceptive services in 2017-18.
- 72% of pharmacies provided Seasonal Flu Vaccine services in 2017-18.
- 76% of pharmacies offered consultations under the Common ailments Service.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 1646
Tel: 0300 025 8099