Use this online form if you’ve submitted a correct Land Transaction Tax (LTT) return but paid us more than you should have.
You can apply for a LTT refund if you’re:
- the buyer of the property charged
- a solicitor or conveyancer acting for the buyer in the original purchase
- someone else authorised to act for the buyer
It usually takes 15 to 20 working days to process your claim. This may take longer if we need more information.
Before you start
You cannot save a partly completed form so make sure you have the following information first.
Information you'll need
To complete this form, you’ll need:
- your details
- the lead buyer’s details if they’re different to your own
- details of the original transaction
- 12 digit unique transaction reference number (UTRN)
- the amount of tax to refund
- bank account and sort code details of the person to receive the payment
How we use your information
If you need help or would like this form in a different format, contact us.