25 February 2022
ATISN 16032 - Request for Information
Thank you for your request which I received on 28 January 2022 regarding environmental data held by Welsh Government. You have requested access to the following in relation to woodland creation under the Glastir scheme:
1. A vector dataset containing polygonised boundaries of woodlands that have received approval for grants through Glastir Woodland Creation:
• To include the woodland boundaries from all funding rounds/windows, including windows 10 & 11.
• The vector attribute table should detail for each polygon:
- the funding round/window,
- the woodland category,
- the area (in hectares),
- new planting payment per hectare,
- a boolean or binary column indicating whether the land owner resides in Wales.
2. Information containing the Expression of Interest (EOI) woodland selection scores for Glastir Woodland Creation from all funding rounds/windows.
- The database should detail the funding round/window, woodland category and a boolean or binary column indicating whether the EOI received approval for Glastir funding.
3. A vector dataset containing polygonised boundaries of woodlands that have received approval for Glastir Small Grants (all funding rounds):
- Where available, the vector attribute table should contain the code of the capital works being funded.
4. A vector or raster dataset (e.g., GeoTiff) of farm incomes and farm types across Wales. To the best of my knowledge, this data is collected, but not published openly, when producing the following reports:
For item 1 and 3 regarding your requests for spatial data we will contact you separately to arrange provision via our file sharing service.
For item 2 see attached table providing the information requested. Please note that EOIs selected for funding may not proceed to a full project due to withdrawals and/or rejections at the approval stage.
For Item 4 information is not held, Farm Business Survey data are not available spatially, please see here for more information Agricultural Small Areas Statistics.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit,
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com
Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office,
However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.