3 February 2022
ATISN 15985 – LFT questions
Thank you for your request to the Welsh Government for information under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) received on 20 January 2022. You have requested the following regarding LFT questions:
- Whose instructional was it?
- Who will be using the data harvested?
- Who thinks that it is a good idea to add to the workload of anyone presently working in health care?
- What other use do you imagine it could be applied to?
1) The questions were agreed by the Minister for Health and Social Services in conjunction with the UK Government’s Department of Health and Social Care.
2) The data will be used by UK Government and Welsh Government.
3) The provisions enshrined within the Freedom of Information Act 2000 provides right of access to what is held as recorded information at the time the request is made. However, the Act does not require us to share our opinion on matters. Consequently, we have concluded that this aspect of your request is not a valid Freedom of Information request and therefore we will not be responding to this aspect of your request.
4) The purpose of collecting the data is to enable ongoing evaluation of the service, inform if the service has been successful, and facilitate improvement of the service where necessary.
If you are dissatisfied with the Welsh Government’s handling of your request, you can ask for an internal review within 40 working days of the date of this response. Requests for an internal review should be addressed to the Welsh Government’s Freedom of Information Officer at:
Information Rights Unit,
or Email: Freedom.email@example.com
Please remember to quote the ATISN reference number above.
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office,
However, please note that the Commissioner will not normally investigate a complaint until it has been through our own internal review process.