The Apprenticeship Awards Cymru recognises the achievement of individuals, employers and work-based learning practitioners across 12 different categories.
About the awards ceremony / Buy tickets
The ceremony will be held on Thursday 24 October 2019 at the International Convention Centre in Newport.
Tickets to attend the event are £80 per person. Buy tickets
The International Convention Centre is located in Newport, just off junction 24 of the M4. Further information can be found on the International Convention Centre website.
If your guests are looking for accommodation, we have secured room rates at the Celtic Manor for those attending the Apprenticeship Awards Cymru. You can call 01633 410 262 or visit www.celtic-manor.com to book at the below rates quoting reference: NTFW241019
The Apprenticeship Awards Cymru will recognise the achievement of individuals, employers and learning practitioners across 12 different categories.
Employability – Learner
- Traineeships Learner of the Year (Engagement)
- Traineeships Learner of the Year (Level 1)
Apprenticeships – Learner
- Foundation Apprentice of the Year
- Apprentice of the Year
- Higher Apprentice of the Year
Apprenticeships – Employer
- Small Employer of the Year (1-49 employees)
- Medium Employer of the Year (50-249 employees)
- Large Employer of the Year (250-4999 employees)
- Macro Employer of the Year (5000+ employees)
Work-based Learning Practitioner
- Work-based Learning Assessor of the Year
- Work-based Learning Tutor of the Year
In addition to the awards categories above, the Judges reserve the right to award a Judges’ Special Recognition Award with the aim of recognising excellence in any area of Employability and Apprenticeship Programme delivery which is not directly covered by the Awards Criteria.
11th March – Awards applications open
3rd May (12 noon) - Awards applications close
10th June to 19th July - Validation visits for Employer and Work-based Learning Practitioner finalists
9th August - Finalists announced
24th October 2018 - The Awards ceremony
Application terms and conditions
- All application forms must be submitted by 12.00noon British Summer Time (BST) on 3rd May 2019. Note: The application forms will automatically be taken off line at the above mentioned time and any links that you have previously been sent will also become inactive.
- You only have the option of submitting one application form per applicant; any subsequent applications submitted for the aforesaid applicant will not be accepted.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are available for publicity purposes (photographs, filming and development of case studies) between 10th June and 20th July 2019.
- Finalists will need to ensure they are able to attend the evening Awards Ceremony taking place on 24th October 2019 at the International Convention Centre, Newport. In the case of unforeseen circumstances a representative can be sent in the place of the finalist.
- The Judges’ decision is ﬁnal and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.