Data on emergency calls and response times for April 2018 to March 2019.
- 463,248 emergency ambulance calls were made during 2018-19, 3.4% down on the previous year, but 118% more than in 1991-92.
- 24,438 were red calls (immediately life-threatening), 5.3% of the total.
- 73.8% of red calls received a response within 8 minutes, down from 74.6% in 2017-18.
- Performance ranged from 65.6% in Hywel Dda to 81.3% in Cardiff & Vale.
- The median response time for red calls was 5 minutes and 07 seconds, nine seconds slower than in 2017-18.
- The median response time for amber calls was 24 minutes and 07 seconds, just over five minutes slower than the previous year.
Ambulance services, April 2018 to March 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099