Data on emergency calls and response times for April 2017 to March 2018.
From June 2018 we are publishing Ambulance Quality Indicators on behalf of the Emergency Ambulance Services Committee. The data, monthly from April 2016, is available on StatsWales.
- 479,444 emergency ambulance calls were made during 2017-18, 4.4% up on the previous year, and 126% more than in 1991-92.
- 22,878 were red calls (immediately life-threatening), 4.8% of the total.
- 74.6% of red calls received a response within 8 minutes, down from 76.3% in 2016-17.
- Performance ranged from 68.2% in Hywel Dda to 81.7% in Cardiff & Vale.
- The median response time for red calls was 4 minutes and 58 seconds, three seconds slower than in 2016-17.
- The median response time for amber calls was 19 minutes and 3 seconds, almost five and a half minutes slower than the previous year.
Ambulance services, April 2017 to March 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099