This consultation ended 10 February 2021.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We are asking for your views on how to deal with alleged misconduct of senior officers working in local authorities.
We are consulting on possible changes to:
- the meaning of misconduct in the arrangements
- the sanctions used when the Designated Independent Person has made a recommendation
- choosing the Designated Independent Person and the cost of the appointment
- the role of the Investigating Committee
- the relationship between the Designated independent person and the Investigating Committee
- the Designated Independent Person’s power of direction and sanction
- interaction with external investigations
- interaction with contractual terms and policies
- Legal representation