Number of additional units delivered, as well as how the planning system contributed to the provision of these units for April 2017 to March 2018.
- In 2017-18, local authorities reported 2,316 additional affordable housing units had been delivered across Wales, down 9% on the previous year. An additional 10 housing units were delivered under the Rent to Own - Wales(1) scheme introduced in February 2018.
- Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution. During 2017-18 RSLs delivered 845 of all additional affordable housing provision (1,946 units).
- The number of affordable housing units delivered with capital grant funding decreased by 31% during 2017-18 to 1,243 units. The number delivered without capital grant funding was up by 46% to 1,073 units.
- During 2017-18, 531 affordable housing units were delivered on land made available by the public sector, down 23% on the previous year.
(1) Rent to Own - Wales units do not conform to the TAN 2 definition of affordable housing and as such have not been included in the total additional affordable housing figure shown in this report. The figures do however contribute to the affordable homes target.
Affordable housing provision, April 2017 to March 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 5055
Telephone: 0300 025 8099