An annual report which includes information about the number of additional units delivered, as well as how the planning system contributed to the provision of these units.
- In 2017-18, local authorities reported 2,316 additional affordable housing units had been delivered across Wales, down 9 per cent on the previous year. An additional 10 housing units were delivered under the Rent to own – Wales(1) scheme introduced in February 2018.
- Welsh Registered Social Landlords (RSLs) continued to make the largest contribution. During 2017-18 RSLs delivered 84 per cent of all additional affordable housing provision (1,946 units).
- The number of affordable housing units delivered with capital grant funding decreased by 31 per cent during 2017-18 to 1,243 units. The number delivered without capital grant funding was up by 46 per cent to 1,073 units.
- During 2017-18, 531 affordable housing units were delivered on land made available by the public sector, down 23 per cent on the previous year.
(1) Rent to Own - Wales units do not conform to the TAN 2 definition of affordable housing and as such have not been included in the total additional affordable housing figure shown in this report. The figures do however contribute to the affordable homes target.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5055
Tel: 0300 025 8099