As part of our covid commitment, anyone over 16 has access to free advice and support to find employment, education or training.
The Working Wales website offers advice and guidance. If you are looking for work, or are at risk of redundancy, support includes:
- free and impartial careers advice and guidance on Working Wales
- retraining support following redundancy through ReAct on Working Wales
- retraining and upskilling support in the Personal Learning Account Programme on Working Wales
- free online courses on Working Wales to update skills and employment prospects
- mentoring and employment support through Communities for Work on Working Wales and Employability Skills Programme
- earn while working and learning with Apprenticeships on Careers Wales
- paid job opportunities for young people with Jobs Growth Wales on Careers Wales and Kickstart on GOV.UK
- work placements for young people through Traineeships on Careers Wales
- specialist support for disabled people seeking work on Careers Wales
- peer mentoring with the Out of Work Service
- staying well in work with In Work Support Service on Business Wales and Healthy Working Wales on Public Health Wales
You can call the Working Wales service for advice and guidance on 0800 0284844. You can also talk to somebody via web chat and get more information on Working Wales.
We have adapted the Working Wales service in response to the pandemic. We continue to offer support with extended web chat, text messaging and call services.