This consultation ended 24 August 2020.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on amendments to 3 adoption and fostering regulations.
- The proposed Adoption and Fostering (Wales) (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020: letter
file type: PDF, file size: 539 KB
The amendments will affect:
- Adoption Agencies (Wales) Amendment Regulations 2005
- The Fostering Panels (Establishment and Functions) (Wales) Regulations
- Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (Wales) Regulations 2015
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the proposed regulations will do the following:
- easing of procedural requirements and timescales for stage 1 and stage 2 of the prospective adopter approval process
- introduction of a self-declaration health assessment for prospective foster carers who cannot access a face to face consultation with a GP
- extension of the period during which a person may receive temporary approval to act as a local authority foster parent