This consultation ended 24 August 2020.
Summary of outcome
The summary of responses is now available.
Details of outcome
We want your views on amendments to 3 adoption and fostering regulations.
- The proposed Adoption and Fostering (Wales) (Miscellaneous Amendments) (Coronavirus) Regulations 2020: letter , file type: PDF, file size: 539 KB
The amendments will affect:
- Adoption Agencies (Wales) Amendment Regulations 2005
- The Fostering Panels (Establishment and Functions) (Wales) Regulations
- Care Planning, Placement and Case Review (Wales) Regulations 2015
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the proposed regulations will do the following:
- easing of procedural requirements and timescales for stage 1 and stage 2 of the prospective adopter approval process
- introduction of a self-declaration health assessment for prospective foster carers who cannot access a face to face consultation with a GP
- extension of the period during which a person may receive temporary approval to act as a local authority foster parent