The Rapid Response Adaptations programme provides funding to make quick changes to your home if your needs have changed.
It is administered by Care and Repair and other agencies.
- people with a disability who live in and own their own home
- older people who live in and own their own home
- people with a disability who rent their home from a private landlord
- older people who rent their home from a private landlord
Work needs to be completed within 15 working days.
Changes that can be made to your home
- hand rails or grab rails
- access to toilet facilities
- repositioning of light switches or sockets
- provision of stair rails
- steps and half steps
- door entry systems
- assistive technology
- repair to stair tread or timber floors
- levelling of concrete floors
- improve lighting interior or exterior
- heating repairs to main living areas
- fitting carpet strips
- relaying paving stones
- additional sockets
- telephone extensions
You must be referred from a health or social service professional such as an occupational therapist to apply for the fund.
You can contact Care and Repair who will talk to one of their partners on your behalf.