Data looking at pupil achievements at the Foundation Phase, Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3, by entitlement to free school meals for 2018.
- The performance of pupils eligible for free school meals at Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3 has generally improved in each year over the last 10 years for all indicators.
- However, their performance is lower than their non eligible counterparts at all key stages and indicators.
- The gap in performance has generally narrowed over the last 10 years at both Key Stage 2 and Key Stage 3.
- In 2018 the gap in performance for the Foundation Phase indicator was 18.2 percentage points.
- In 2018 the gap in performance for the Core Subject Indicator was 14.2 percentage points at Key Stage 2 and 19.5 percentage points at Key Stage 3.
- There is a strong link between achievement and the level of entitlement to free school meals in schools: as the level of free school meals entitlement increases, the level of achievement decreases.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 5060
Tel: 0300 025 8099