The Welsh Forest Industries Partnership identifies opportunities for forestry industries to increase their economic contribution, and deliver effective climate mitigation benefit by 2030.
The Partnership consists of members from forest industries, Welsh Government and Natural Resources Wales.
Aims and strategic targets
The Partnership aims to be a:
- leader for the industrial forestry sector
- focal point for the timber and fibre using supply chain
The strategic targets of the Partnership are to:
- exceed 4,000 hectares of new planting per annum
- increase carbon sequestration and wood fibre supply for downstream green industries
- increase the use of wood fibre in construction to help achieve zero carbon
- improve the resource efficiency, performance and technological advancement of the timber supply chain