- Kathryn Bishop, Chair
- Dyfed Edwards, Deputy Chair
- David Jones, Non-Executive
- Jocelyn Davies, Non-Executive
- Lakshmi Narain, Non-Executive
- Dyfed Alsop, Chief Executive Officer
- Sam Cairns, Chief Operations Officer
- Lucy Robinson, Customer Insight and Strategy
- Joanna Ryder, Chief of Staff
- Melissa Quignon-Finch, Head of HR
- Kate Innes, Interim Chief Finance Officer
- Jim Scopes, Interim Chief Strategy Officer
- Catrin Durie, Head of Communications
- Amy Bowden, Interim Head of Legal
- Anna Adams, Deputy Director of Tax Strategy, Policy and Engagement - Welsh Treasury
- Ceri Sullivan, Board Secretariat
1. Welcome and introductions
- The Chair welcomed everybody to the meeting. Apologies were received from Andrew Jeffreys, and Anna Adams would deputise.
2. Business continuity and staff wellbeing
3. Minutes of the last meeting, redacted minutes, conflicts of interest
- The minutes of the last meeting were agreed as an accurate account of what was discussed, and members were content with the redacted minute for the purpose of publication. An update on outstanding actions would be sent to the Board virtually.
- No new conflicts of interest were raised.
- It was noted that in light of the Board’s last discussion on the Welsh Language Strategy and its decision to endorse the draft vision statement, a news article would be produced and shared with staff providing them with an update on its development.
4. COVID-19 governance
- A paper had been drafted outlining the governance changes in place for the COVID-19 period. It had been discussed with the Audit and Risk Assurance Committee (ARAC) earlier that week for comment and was now being shared with the Board for assurance and agreement.
- It was noted that the purpose of this document is not to outline the entirety of our governance framework, but to clarify our position and the process changes made to ensure good governance during COVID-19. The content of this document, particularly its intent, will be shared with the Finance Committee and Public Account Committee for consultation. It was also noted that the Minister for Finance and Trefnydd would be informed at their next quarterly catch up due to take place the following week.
- The Board agreed the COVID-19 governance proposals but it was suggested that a separate piece of work be taken forward to consider the different risk profile that the organisation now face.
5. Report from Chair
6. CEO report and operational performance update
7. Any other business
- Members were informed that joint working was taking place with Welsh Treasury to ensure communication during this time as aligned, particularly around statistical releases.
 There are certain circumstances where it is not appropriate to share all of the information contained within the Board minutes, for example, where it contains personal or commercial data or relates to the formulation of government policy etc. or the effective conduct of public affairs. In such circumstances, the information has been redacted and the text is marked clearly that this has been the case.