The survey will be open between 8 December and 5 February.
We have commissioned a survey to help us:
- gather information about awareness of the Welsh National Marine Plan (WNMP), and
- how it has been used in the 12 months since it was adopted
Participation in this survey is completely voluntary. However, your views and experiences are important to marine planning and the implementation of the WNMP. Please respond by 5 February 2021.
Why are we monitoring the WNMP
We have a legal requirement to monitor and report on the implementation of our marine plans. This is under section 61 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 (MCAA).
We published the Monitoring and Reporting Framework for the WNMP in January 2020. The Framework outlines the broad approach we are taking to:
- measure the effectiveness of WNMP policies
- increase understanding of how the plan is working in practice, and
- identify opportunities for improvement
We are proposing to carry out two such user surveys over the first three year monitoring period. This will enable us to capture:
- trends in the use of the WNMP and its supporting materials
- users’ views on how the WNMP is performing in terms of achievement of its objectives
Any emerging key findings will be discussed with stakeholders, as appropriate. They will then be summarised and used to inform the first three year monitoring report.