The User Survey will open between 9 May and 17 June 2022.
We are undertaking a second User Survey to help us gather information about:
- awareness of the Welsh National Marine Plan (WNMP)
- how the WNMP has been used since it was adopted
Participation in this survey is completely voluntary. But, your views and experiences are important:
- to marine planning, and
- for the implementation of the plan
Please respond by 17 June 2022.
Why are we monitoring the WNMP
By law, we must monitor and report on the implementation of our marine plans. This is under section 61 of the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 (MCAA).
We published the Monitoring and Reporting Framework for the WNMP in January 2020. The Framework outlines the broad approach we are taking to:
- measure the effectiveness of WNMP policies
- increase understanding of how the plan is working in practice, and
- identify opportunities for improvement.
We are carrying out two such User Surveys over the first three-year monitoring period. This will enable us to capture:
- initial trends in the use of the WNMP and its supporting materials
- users’ views on how the WNMP is performing against its objectives
The initial User Survey was undertaken in December 2020. Key findings from both User Surveys will be used to inform the first three-year monitoring report.