How we manage our procurement of goods and services.
We spend around £440 million a year buying goods, services, works, ICT and Digital tools/services.
We aim to ensure we spend this significant investment in a way that can provide the most benefit to society.
I'm a supplier, how do I bid for contracts?
We use Sell2Wales to advertise all our contracts above £25,000. For more complex lower value contracts we use the sell2wales Quick Quote facility.
Suppliers who want to do business with us must register on Sell2Wales.
Once registered you can see our current contract notices.
We publish our procurement contract notices and contract award details.
Advice about winning Welsh Government contracts is available.
Our approach to procurement is to:
- promote ethical employment in supply chains
- be accountable and compliant with procedural, legal and international obligations
- be committed to the principles of the Wales Procurement Policy Statement
- be focused on achieving best value for money for the Welsh pound
- be considered and streamlined to help simplify bidding for potential suppliers.
We use eTenderWales to run procurements over £25,000.
- gives suppliers easy access to tender documents
- provides a secure way of returning tenders
- provides a transparent process for raising queries during the tender process.
How do we manage our procurement of goods and services?
Commercial Policy and Delivery
- procurement policy advice, set standards and check adoption and outcomes.
- The Brexit commercial team are leading on the procurement implications arising from Brexit.
Corporate Procurement Services (CPS)
- best practice advice on procurement & commercial governance for internal departments.
- contract management of several corporate use non ICT contracts.
Commercial & Procurement ICT (CPICT)
- provide procurement advice, support/governance for internal Digital and ICT procurements.
- deliver Digital/ICT all Wales framework agreements and ongoing contract management.
- deliver the eProcurement Digital Action Plan and contract manage the eProcurement tools used by the Welsh public sector.
- We develop national procurement strategies and the delivery of all Wales framework agreements.
- The categories we cover are:
- Corporate Services
- Professional Services
- Construction, Facilities Management and Utilities.
View the NPS frameworks on Sell2Wales.