The Welsh Government Grants Centre of Excellence commissioned an online survey with a sample of current grant recipients.
There were 348 responses (an 18% response rate) from recipients across the public, private and third sectors.
- Respondents were generally satisfied with the various aspects of the Welsh Government grants process.
- The highest satisfaction was with the process for making claims and payments (80%). The lowest satisfaction was with the application and decision process (67%).
- Third sector respondents were most satisfied, with higher than average ‘overall satisfaction’ scores. Public and private sector respondents were typically less satisfied.
- Scores around the consistency of the grants process varied. The highest level of consistency was with the advice they receive from Welsh Government officials (73% always or sometimes consistent) and lowest level was with the monitoring processes (56% always or sometimes consistent).
- Most respondents (78%) provided duplicate information for grant applications, but they did not find this too onerous.
- A number of suggestions are included around using online platforms for grant applications and monitoring. Respondents were in support of introducing such changes for Welsh Government grants.
Welsh Government Grant Recipients Survey, 2018 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 7342
Telephone: 0300 025 8099