The Welsh Government Grants Centre of Excellence commissioned an online survey with a sample of current grant recipients.
There were 348 responses (an 18% response rate) from recipients across the public, private and third sectors.
- Respondents were generally satisfied with the various aspects of the Welsh Government grants process.
- The highest satisfaction was with the process for making claims and payments (80%). The lowest satisfaction was with the application and decision process (67%).
- Third sector respondents were most satisfied, with higher than average ‘overall satisfaction’ scores. Public and private sector respondents were typically less satisfied.
- Scores around the consistency of the grants process varied. The highest level of consistency was with the advice they receive from Welsh Government officials (73% always or sometimes consistent) and lowest level was with the monitoring processes (56% always or sometimes consistent).
- Most respondents (78%) provided duplicate information for grant applications, but they did not find this too onerous.
- A number of suggestions are included around using online platforms for grant applications and monitoring. Respondents were in support of introducing such changes for Welsh Government grants.
Telephone: 0300 025 7342
Telephone: 0300 025 8099