Data on goods exported to destinations outside the UK for October 2017 to September 2018
- The value of exports for Wales for the year ending September 2018 was £16.9 billion, up £0.5 billion (3.0%) compared with the same period the previous year.
- 9 of the twelve UK countries and English regions had increases with the East Midlands having the largest increase (up 10.9%), compared with the year ending September 2017. The largest decrease was seen in the North West (down 3.0%). Wales saw the seventh largest increase.
- There was an increase in exports to EU countries of £452 million (4.6%) and an increase in exports to non-EU countries of £45 million (0.7%), compared with the year ending September 2017. Exports to the EU accounted for 60.9% of Welsh exports compared with 49.9% for the UK.
- Germany was the top export destination accounting for 18.8% of exports, down from 19.6% compared with the year ending September 2017.
- Exports from Wales are dominated by ‘Machinery and Transport Equipment’ which made up 50.6% of exports.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 9016
Telephone: 0300 025 8099