The Barometer assesses business confidence in the Welsh tourism industry and provides indicative results at national, regional and sectoral level for spring wave 2022.
- About one in five (21%) have had more customers year to date compared to the same period in a ‘normal’ year, and around half (47%) have had the same level. About one in three (32%) have experienced a decrease.
- Average booked capacity for the school Easter holidays among accommodation operators is approximately 68%, and for May & early June it is 54%.
- The price of energy and many other items has increased so much in a short time. 43% cite rising energy costs unprompted as a particular concern, and 31% cite rising costs beside energy. By comparison, only 12% (unprompted) are concerned about Covid restrictions being reintroduced.
- ‘COVID restrictions ending / pandemic subsiding’ is the most frequently mentioned (31%) unprompted reason to be positive about business this year.
- About a quarter (27%) of operators are ‘very confident’ about running the business profitably this year, and a further 47% are ‘fairly confident’.
Tourism Barometer: spring wave 2022 , file type: PDF, file size: 2 MB
Telephone: 0300 025 3187
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.