Skip to content

County Parish Holding numbers

The content of this page is not being updated. Get up to date information on help and support for farmers at

You need a County Parish Holding (CPH) number to submit grant and subsidy applications and to report livestock movements between locations.

This is because we use CPH numbers to identify agricultural holding(s) and any premises where cattle, sheep, goats and pigs are kept.

To obtain a CPH number, you should contact Rural Payments Wales Customer Contact Centre, explaining why you need a CPH number and providing details of where your holding is.

Rural Payments Wales Customer Contact Centre
LL55 1EP

Tel: 0300 062 5004
Fax: 01286 662193

Opening hours:

  • Monday 8.30 – 17.00
  • Tuesday 8.30 – 17.00
  • Wednesday 10.00 – 17.00
  • Thursday 8.30 – 17.00
  • Friday 8.30 – 16.30.

We will check to see if we already have your details. If we do not, we will ask you for some information to check whether or not you need a CPH number and what type of CPH number you require. We will then write to you with your CPH number.

If you need the number urgently (for example, to move animals) we will ring to let you know the number, as well as sending you written confirmation.