Skip to content

New entrants

The content of this page is not being updated. Get up to date information on rural grants and payments at

Related Links

You can use Rural Payments Wales (RPW) Online to apply for and manage your payments for the Welsh Government’s Basic Payment and Glastir schemes.
Tell us if you want any of the documents on this page in an alternative format.

The steps you may need to take before you can apply for Welsh Government managed agricultural schemes.

If you are a new entrant into farming, you will need to have a Customer Reference Number (CRN) before you are able to apply for any Welsh Government managed agricultural grants or payments. 

You may also need a County Parish Holding number (CPH), which is used to identify your agricultural holding. You can request a CRN/CPH by contacting the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004.   

When we send you your CRN/CPH, we’ll also include a Customer Details and BACS form. These must be completed by all agricultural businesses intending to apply for the Basic Payment Scheme or Glastir. Your Customer Details form, including the additional details sheet, is needed to complete your registration as a customer. You should return this by 15 March or risk being ineligible for SAF 2015 schemes.  

You will also be separately sent an activation code for RPW Online.  It only takes a few minutes to register for the online service.  

The National Reserve Form is available through RPW Online. If you wish to apply for the Basic Payment Scheme (BPS), you must first complete the National Reserve form to provide evidence of your eligibility for an allocation of BPS entitlements.  You must also complete a Single Application Form (SAF) 2015 request an allocation of BPS entitlements.  This will be available online from February.  The closing date for the National Reserve and SAF is 15 May 2015.      

If your business intends to declare land not previously registered with us on your 2015, you will need to make sure the land has been registered via a Field Maintenance and Land Transfer Application Form. This is not yet available online, so you will need to request this from the Customer Contact Centre on 0300 062 5004.  

If you intend to keep stock, you will require a herd/flock number, which can be obtained by contacting the Animal Health Office on 0300 3038268.

The flow chart document below summarises the process for New Entrants.

Document Download

Adobe PDF document
The process for New Entrants (File size: 227KB)