Skip to content

Wildlife and Countryside Act Licences

Natural Resources Wales now issues all species licenses under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981.

Please apply to Natural Resources Wales (external link) for Wildlife and Countryside Act and European Protected Species licences. 

General licences are used for low risk conservation or protected species activities.

General licences allow people to carry out most protected species activities without needing a personal licence.

If there is no general licence for your activity, you will need to apply for a personal licence.

Natural England (external link) deal with wildlife licensing in England.