Terms of reference for the Welsh Pavement Parking Task Force Group.
The Welsh Pavement Parking Task Force Group (TFG) will undertake a review of the evidence and implications for a ban on pavement parking and obstructions to the footway in Wales. It is proposed the final report will go to the Minister and the deputy Minister in autumn 2020.
Evidence in from stakeholders/user groups in Wales is to be gathered along with analysis of data, reports, or findings from other enquires used to determine outcomes and make recommendations.
A series of work streams managed by Project Groups (PG) will be set up by the TFG to investigate the practical issues associated with making this change. The work will identify such matters as how it should be implemented, taking into account costs and benefits, as well as the means of delivering the infrastructure and behavioural changes required for it to be successful.
2. Out of Scope
Other obstructions to footways e.g. electric vehicle charging points on pavements, street furniture, A-boards outside shops and cafes, as this is currently addressed by local authorities.
3. The Taskforce Group (TFG) membership
- British Parking Association
- Confederation of Passenger Transport UK
- Disability Wales
- Federation of Small Businesses
- Freight Transport Association
- Fire and Rescue Service
- Guide Dogs
- Living Streets
- Local Authority Regional Representatives
- PATROL (Parking and Traffic Regulations outside London) Joint Committee
- Public Health Wales
- Road Haulage Association
- Traffic Penalty Tribunal for England and Wales
- Welsh Government
- Welsh Local Government Association