Data on sickness absence rates for directly employed NHS staff for April to June 2019.
- Sickness absence was 5.1%, up 0.3 percentage point from the same period in 2018.
- The Welsh Ambulance Services NHS Trust had the highest sickness absence, 6.6%.
- Health Education and Improvement Wales Special Health Authority had the lowest sickness absence, 2.3%.
- The staff group with the highest sickness absence was the Healthcare Assistants and other support workers staff group, 7.3%.
- The staff group with the lowest sickness absence was the Medical and Dental staff group, 1.9%.
Sickness absence in the NHS, April to June 2019 , file type: PDF, file size: 575 KB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6735
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.