Summary of what you must do and what is open from 7 June 2021.
What you must do
From 7 June you must:
- follow social distancing rules with people you do not live with or who are not in your exclusive extended household.
- wear a face covering (if you are able to) in all indoor public places.
- only form an extended household with no more than 2 other households and they should stay the same.
- not meet with anyone other than your extended household indoors
- not meet with more than 5 other people in indoor regulated settings, such as cafes, restaurants and pubs (unless you are meeting with only people you live with or as part of a regulated gathering, which is a maximum of 30 people).
- meet no more than 29 other people outdoors including in private gardens, public spaces and regulated premises such as cafes, restaurants and pubs.
- work from home if you can.
- minimise travel to areas of high prevalence.
What can open and take place
- schools, colleges and childcare providers.
- higher education institutions.
- licensed premises
- non-essential retail.
- close contact services.
- holiday accommodation.
- entertainment venues.
- indoor visitor attractions.
- outdoor visitor attractions.
- leisure and fitness facilities.
- venues for events and conferences.
- theatres and concert halls.
- places of worship.
- community centres.
- libraries and archive services.
- sport courts, golf courses.
- playgrounds and public parks.
- indoor regulated gatherings (previously known as organised indoor activities) (up to 30 people).
- outdoor regulated gatherings (including activity previously known as organised indoor activities and larger events) (limit set to a maximum of 4,000 standing and 10,000 seated following full risk assessment and taking all reasonable measure; 30 people indoors
- international travel.
- weddings (ceremony limit set by venue).
- wedding reception or wake (outdoors limit set following full risk assessment and taking all reasonable measure; 30 people indoors).
What must remain closed
- ice skating rinks
- nightclubs and adult entertainment venues.