This consultation ended 3 May 2015.
Details of outcome
This consultation sets out proposed arrangements to further support the educational attainment of children who are looked after, primarily of compulsory school age but also includes transition to further and higher education.
The aims of the draft strategy are:
- to raise the educational aspirations of children who are looked after and of those who care for them
- to reinforce accountability and leadership across ourselves local authorities and the education system
- to ensure that education remains a priority even during unsettling periods in a child’s life
- to make better use of data to aid practice policy making and monitoring or educational outcomes
- to promote and share good practice.