A report which compares rail station usage, for each and every station by line or route for April 2017 to March 2018.
- The number of station entries and exits at Welsh stations has risen every year since 2004-05 and by 60% over that period.
- There was a 1.7% increase in the number of station entries/exits in Wales in 2017-18 compared with the previous year.
- In 2017-18 there were 222 rail stations in Wales, the same as last year.
- Cardiff Central remains the busiest station in Wales with 25% of all station entries/exits.
- Rail station usage in Wales accounts for around 1.8% of the UK total.
- Most South Wales, Valley and Mid Wales lines saw increases in usage this year, but there were falls on the West Wales and North Wales lines.
- Of the 20 busiest stations in Wales, more than half are part of the Valley Lines network (not including Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen Street) and two are in North Wales at Rhyl and Bangor.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 6415
Tel: 0300 025 8099