A report which compares rail station usage, for each and every station by line or route for April 2016 to March 2017.
- The total number of station entries/exits in Welsh stations has risen every year since 2005-06.
- There was a 1.3% increase in the number of station entries/exits in Wales in 2016-17 compared to the previous year.
- In 2016-17 there were 222 rail stations in Wales, the same as last year.
- Cardiff Central remains the busiest station in Wales with 24% of all station entries/exits.
- Rail station usage in Wales accounts for around 1.8% of the UK total.
- Most South Wales and West Wales lines saw increases in usage this year, but there were falls amongst the Mid Wales and North Wales lines.
- Of the 20 busiest stations in Wales, more than half are part of the Valley Lines network (not including Cardiff Central and Cardiff Queen Street) and three are in North Wales at Rhyl, Bangor and Wrexham General.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 6415
Tel: 0300 025 8099