ICT framework saves time and money for the Welsh Government.
New Welsh Government ICT procurement arrangements are delivering significant savings in time and money, easier ordering systems and improved customer satisfaction.
After a review, the Welsh Government ICT team changed the way it uses the NPS IT products and services (ITPS) framework. The team undertook a further competition to select and appoint a single supplier for hardware, software, services and consumables. The invitation to tender was developed in a way that provided the Welsh Government with improved benefits.
The single supplier tender achieved:
- A 6.1% saving against the market price and a 4.3% saving when evaluated against equivalent frameworks
- Significantly improved customer satisfaction because of reduced procurement lead times. These resulted from simplified ordering, a select list of core products, more efficient processing and options for next business day delivery
- Access to a real time electronic catalogue where buyers can search product availability, images, specifications and pricing and place orders
- The ability to align and embed the revised procurement processes with the Welsh Government’s new IT service management system
The appointment of a single supplier:
- reduced the administrative burden
- decreased procurement lead times
- enabled the aggregation of IT spend, and
- facilitated a more strategic supplier relationship.
Crispin O’Connell, Deputy Director and Chief Technology Officer for Welsh Government ICT, said:
“Often our customers became frustrated with what they saw as overly complex processes when placing orders for ICT commodity ‘off the shelf’ items. Having a single supplier under the NPS ICT framework removes this complexity allowing the whole ICT procurement process to become easier, more efficient and quicker.”
Further information and feedback
Tel: 0300 790 0170