This consultation ended 30 November 2021.
The responses to this consultation are currently being reviewed. Details of the outcome will be published here in due course.
We want your views on the joint GB plant biosecurity strategy.
The consultation proposes:
- A new vision for plant biosecurity in GB for the next 5 years
- 4 outcomes, each with a proposed set of actions to help us achieve bio-security in GB:
- a world-class biosecurity regime
- a society that values healthy plants
- a biosecure plant supply chain
- an enhanced technical capability
Your responses will help inform the new GB Plant Biosecurity Strategy. This is to be published in 2022.
A parallel consultation is taking place, which is a more detailed technical consultation. It will consult on additional biosecurity measures for tree species posing a particular risk of pest introduction through imports.
This consultation is being held on GOV.UK