The Planning Inspectorate is committed to supporting sustainable development by providing an open, fair and impartial service that meets the needs of all our customers.
Our promises to you – we will:-
- be helpful and polite, and treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- listen and respond to your concerns, apologise for and
- learn from our mistakes, and use your feedback to improve how we do things where possible
- decide all cases efficiently and as quickly as possible
- make guidance available to help you understand the process and timetable
- ensure cases are handled by people with the right level of experience and expertise
- make well-reasoned decisions that cover all the main
- issues and are based on published national and local policies and all evidence submitted within the set deadlines
- promote and encourage the use of Welsh in the handling of its roles within Wales.
In return – we ask that you:-
- read the guidance we make available and let us know if anything is unclear
- provide the information in a full, succinct and accurate way in accordance with the timetable or other deadline, using our online service wherever possible
- understand that you may not get the outcome that you want
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect, and accept that we will not tolerate rude or abusive behaviour in any form of communication
- let us know if our service to you falls short and give us the opportunity to put that right
- understand that we cannot (a) advise you on how to argue your case, (b) provide legal advice or (c) change a decision on a case once it is made.