Planning and Environment Decisions Wales is committed to supporting sustainable development by providing an open, fair and impartial service that meets the needs of all our customers.
Our promises to you – we will:-
- be helpful and polite, and treat you with courtesy and respect at all times
- listen and respond to your concerns, apologise for and
- learn from our mistakes, and use your feedback to improve how we do things where possible
- decide all cases efficiently and as quickly as possible
- make guidance available to help you understand the process and timetable
- ensure cases are handled by people with the right level of experience and expertise
- make well-reasoned decisions that cover all the main
- issues and are based on published national and local policies and all evidence submitted within the set deadlines
- promote and encourage the use of Welsh in the handling of its roles within Wales.
In return – we ask that you:-
- read the guidance we make available and let us know if anything is unclear
- provide the information in a full, succinct and accurate way in accordance with the timetable or other deadline, using our online service wherever possible
- understand that you may not get the outcome that you want
- treat our staff with courtesy and respect, and accept that we will not tolerate rude or abusive behaviour in any form of communication
- let us know if our service to you falls short and give us the opportunity to put that right
- understand that we cannot (a) advise you on how to argue your case, (b) provide legal advice or (c) change a decision on a case once it is made.