The work will maintain access from the industrial estate to Pant road.
What we’re doing
- building a temporary car park
- realigning the Pant industrial estate access road
- building a viaduct
- moving utilities
- building access roads
- installing drains
- putting up fences
We will replace the Pant viaduct with a new bridge. We will realign the road from Pant road to the Pant industrial estate to accommodate this new bridge.
- built a temporary car park to move Merthyr Motor Auctions out of the way of the new works
- cleared vegetation ready for work to start
- put up temporary fencing
- summer 2021 to winter 2021: we will build a new road to realign Pant industrial estate side road to the north of the proposed Pant road underbridge (see map: location A to B)
- summer 2021 to summer 2022: we will widen the existing road embankment to the south of the existing A465 between Pant industrial estate and Pant road (see map: locations C and D). This will allow us to smooth out the alignment of the new road
- from spring 2022: we will build the new Pant road bridge in two halves. The first half will be built to the north of the existing bridge. When it is complete, we will move traffic over onto it. This will allow us to knock down the old bridge and build the southern half of the new one.