An evaluation into performance of the service in reducing unemployment, effectiveness of the delivery process, and participants experience of the service.
The evaluation has outlined findings on the perceived impact of the Out of Work Service (OoWS).
- The service is unique in Wales and fills an important gap in service provision.
- The service is achieving its aims of helping to improve labour market prospects for those furthest away from it. Overall, performance against targets has been positive for two of the five targets, but less strong against the other three.
- Peer mentors are perceived to be a key feature of the success of the service.
- The overall service model has remained largely the same. However some key changes to service provision have improved the service and helped progress towards final targets.
- Participants appear to be highly satisfied with their experiences and the benefits resulting from engagement with the service.
Telephone: 0300 025 9926
Telephone: 0300 025 8099