Information on which devices children used to access the internet, what online activities they engaged in, and parental knowledge and involvement regarding online safety for their child for April 2014 to March 2015.
This is the latest release
- 95% of children aged 7 to 15 used the internet at home.
- The device most commonly used by these children was a tablet or other handheld device (71%).
- 64% of children aged 7 to 15, who used the internet outside school, accessed a school learning platform and 67% used the internet to find other information related to schoolwork.
- 87% of parents felt that their child knew how to stay safe when using the internet.
- 56% of households with children aged 7 to 15 used parental control filters.
Further analysis showed that the parents were more likely to use a parental control filter:
- when more than two children live in the household
- when the parent also uses the internet themselves
- when the child was aged 12 or under
- when the parent has at least GCSEs at A to C.
Online safety for children (National Survey for Wales), April 2014 to March 2015
file type: PDF, file size: 402 KB
Tel: 0300 025 6685
Tel: 0300 025 8099