Norma Barry is a member of the Food and Drink Wales Industry Board.
Norma is a former Senior Civil Servant. She spent her career working for the Welsh Office and Welsh Government. Her policy and delivery experience covered the food chain from farm to fork. Norma has been involved with:
- strategic development and marketing of the food and drink production and processing sectors
- supporting companies to gain national and international business
- supporting the growth and diversification of farm businesses
- safeguarding public health by developing policies to combat the spread of animal and plant diseases
- handling policies in relation to genetically modified crops.
Norma runs a consultancy company, InsideOut: Organisational Solutions. She is also a member of the Food Standard Agency’s Welsh Advisory Committee.