Number of handled queries, including telephone and online contacts for April to June 2019.
- 50,107 calls were made to the main 0845 number, of which 35,078 were answered.
- 10,484 other calls (17%) were made to information lines or were transferred from A&E departments.
- More calls were made and answered on weekend days, though a larger proportion of calls were answered during weekdays.
- 954,451 visits were made to the NHS Direct Wales website.
- 714 online enquiries were made to the web-based enquiry service.
- 51% of calls where a final outcome was recorded were directed towards primary care, 22% to A&E, and an ambulance was called in 9% of calls. The remaining 18% were provided with information or self care advice.
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 1646
Telephone: 0300 025 8099