Help support contract tracing by displaying official NHS QR posters at entrances from 24 September 2020.
NHS Covid-19 app users are able to scan (check-in) as they enter a venue. If people who visited the venue test positive for coronavirus, other app users who were there at the same time may be sent an alert.
The app notification will never mention the name of your venue, it will just let app users know that they may have come into contact with coronavirus.
It is quick, simple and secure and will help contract tracers to get in touch with users quickly if necessary.
This doesn’t replace the legal requirement for certain high risk businesses in Wales to collect information from customers, staff and visitors. Premises which are required to collect details of staff, customers and visitors must continue to do so, including people who check in through the app.
Prepare by creating your posters
From 24 September display your posters:
- print the entire poster, including the header and footer, in minimum size of A4
- place one poster at least 130cm off the ground (to the top of the poster) for wheelchair users.
- if possible, position your posters on the left side of your front window or entrance
- display the poster at every entrance, as well as some inside if possible.
- ensure your posters are in a visible and safe position, where they cannot be easily removed
- place posters in easy to reach places, where people can walk past without creating an obstacle
- consider those who may be less able to reach up high or over and around objects