Annual report which provides information on the number of NHS beds at Wales and Local Health Board level.
- The long-term trend shows that while the average number of beds has decreased, the percentage occupancy has increased.
- The average daily available beds continued to fall this year and has now declined by almost a third since 1996-97.
- The percentage occupancy of available NHS beds decreased slightly this year after a general increase since 1996-97.
- Out of the 8 health boards and trusts, 5 had decreases in available beds this year whilst 2 had increases in percentage occupancy.
- Beds available for the specialty old age psychiatry had the highest decrease this year compared to 2016-17 while the biggest increase was for Paediatrics.
Datasets and interactive tools
Tel: 0300 025 3633
Tel: 0300 025 8099