This report contains only a selection of results from April 2019 to March 2020.
Results on many more topics, including detailed breakdowns, are available in our interactive results viewer. Further short reports on specific topics will be published throughout the year.
- 41% of people in material deprivation are lonely, compared with 12% of people not in material deprivation.
- Younger people are more likely to report that they are lonely than older people.
- 25% of people have four or five of the healthy lifestyle behaviours (not smoking, drinking within guidelines, eating 5 portions of fruit and veg a day, and meeting exercise guidelines). This hasn’t changed over the last four years.
- 75% of employees get paid sick leave, but only 16% of those who are self-employed and working mainly for one company.
- 65% of over-30s have a workplace pension in place.
- 21% of over-30s have made no financial plans for retirement.
- 28% of people from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds had personally experienced discrimination at work in the last year, compared with 9% of white people.
- 26% of people volunteer by giving their time for free to an organisation or club.
- Among people who can speak Welsh, 22% say they would prefer to speak in Welsh with staff at local services and facilities.
- 47% of people say their local authority provides high quality services.
National Survey for Wales headline results, April 2019 to March 2020 , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
National Survey for Wales headline results, April 2019 to March 2020: infographic , file type: PDF, file size: 1 MB
Datasets and interactive tools
Telephone: 0300 025 6685
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau a gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls and correspondence in Welsh.
Telephone: 0300 025 8099
Rydym yn croesawu galwadau yn Gymraeg / We welcome calls in Welsh.