Katie Palmer is Programme Manager for Food Sense Wales.
Katie has an MSc in Nutrition from Kings College London and in Food Policy from City University. She has worked in the world of food for over 20 years with experience in both:
- the private sector (Volac International), and
- third and public sector (including 6 years on Food Standards Agency’s Welsh Food Advisory Committee)
Katie founded Food Sense Wales in 2018, (part of the Cardiff and Vale Health charity). It was borne out of the work of the Sustainable Food Place, Food Cardiff. Food Sense Wales aims to:
- influence how food is produced and consumed in Wales
- ensure sustainable food and farming is at the heart of a just, connected and prosperous food system
It leads on several UK programmes in Wales including:
- Sustainable Food Places
- Food for Life Get Togethers
- Peas Please
- Children’s Right 2 Food
Food Sense Wales is a member of:
- Oxfam Cymru’s Antipoverty Coalition
- the recently formed Food Policy Alliance Cymru
Katie is currently a member of:
- Food and Drink Wales Industry Board
- Healthy Weight, Healthy Wales Implementation Board
- Founding member of the Veg Power Board.
She also sits on the WLGA’s School Holiday Enrichment Programme Advisory Group. She was one of the team of four who created the multi award winning Food and Fun programme in Cardiff in 2015.