The Innovation Advisory Council for Wales advises and updates on emerging trends and developments, including identifying areas of existing Welsh strength and opportunities.
The Council concentrates on four themes to enhance innovation in Wales.
Public service-led innovation
- increasing innovation in public services
- giving more scope for business to generate innovative solutions for the public sector
- improving our share of UK and European grant funding
- promoting Wales as a connected and valued partner for collaborative innovation projects
- promoting collaboration across sectors
Well-being of future generations
- looking at the trends and patterns that will influence how we live, work and learn in the future
National Innovation Body
- build upon the potential for a new body
- provide a detailed analysis of the scope and potential to establish an innovation and creativity body
- a body that would work across the public and private sectors