In this page
- Laura McAllister
- Rowan Williams
- Anwen Elias
- Michael Marmot
- Lauren McEvatt
- Albert Owen
- Philip Rycroft
- Shavanah Taj
- Kirsty Williams
- Leanne Wood
Item 2 only
- Heléna Herklots, Older People's Commissioner for Wales
- Sally Holland, Children's Commissioner for Wales
- Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales
Item 3 only
- Gareth Williams
- Hugh Rawlings
Item 4 only
- Ruth Marks, Chief Executive, Wales Council for Voluntary Action
- Gaynor Richards, Director, Neath Port Talbot Council for Voluntary Service
- Gareth Morgan, Deputy Director and Head of Secretariat
- Carys Evans, Advisor
- Victoria Martin, Policy Lead
- Tessa Hajilambi, Office Manager
- Miguela Gonzalez
Item 1: Welcome from the Co-Chairs
1. The Co-Chairs welcomed the commissioners to the meeting, and noted apologies from Miguela Gonzalez.
2. The commission noted the progress made against the actions from the last meeting, and agreed that the high-level minutes should be published on the commission's website.
Item 2: Welsh commissioners
3. The Co-Chairs welcomed Sophie Howe, Future Generations Commissioner for Wales, Heléna Herklots, Older People's Commissioner for Wales, and Sally Holland, Children's Commissioner for Wales. The Commission noted with sadness the death of Aled Roberts, Welsh Language Commissioner.
4. The Co-Chairs invited the Welsh Commissioners to provide their insights into the governance of Wales, and engaging with Welsh citizens.
Item 3: What is wrong with the current settlement?
5. Gareth Williams, presented an analysis of the current settlement, and the relationship of the Welsh Government with the UK government.
Item 4: Wales Council for Voluntary Action
6. The Co-Chairs welcomed Ruth Marks, Chief Executive of the Wales Council for Voluntary Action (WCVA), and Gaynor Richards, Director, Neath Port Talbot Council for Voluntary Service. The unique role of the 3rd sector in Welsh governance, and their extensive experience of citizen engagement was discussed.
Item 5: Work programme
7. Commissioners discussed the forward work programme, including the launch of social media channels and the issuing of a call for evidence. The commission briefly discussed the approach to the interim report.
Item 6: AOB
8. The date of the next workshop on engagement was set for 7 March.
9. The Co-Chairs thanked the members for their contributions during the meeting. They agreed that there was a great deal to reflect upon and take forward.
For further information, please contact: ConstitutionCommission@gov.wales