We are reducing speed limits to reduce nitrogen dioxide pollution.
Over the summer we have:
- reduced speed limits to 50mph at 5 locations
- added average speed cameras at 4 of the 5 locations to monitor traffic speeds
- added new signs to highlight the speed limits
This work is on the following roads:
- A494 at Deeside
- A483 at Wrexham
- M4 between junctions 41 and 42 Port Talbot
- M4 between junctions 25 and 26 Newport (50mph speed limit is controlled and enforced by existing variable speed limit system)
- A470 between Upper Boat and Pontypridd
To find out more read our Air quality plan.
For information on air quality visit Air Quality in Wales.